Monday, September 19, 2011

Rampage

The Rampage Continues..........
 
Poker has been beddy beddy good to me.
 
Went to the poker room Friday night with Gail and had a great time. Sitting at the 1/3 table Gail and I found ourselves to both have around $700 in front of us. Not a bad night at the tables. Ends up I hit a straight on her and I get the Ester from Sanford and Son look, the “You fish eyed fool” look. Gail loses another hand and I decide it’s time to go. Which, she never wants to go but it was time. I cash out up $400 for the night and Gail cashes up $269. A nice nights pay.
 
Saturday morning I wake up and I’m feeling pretty spry. I tell Gail, “I’m going to win the Saturday tournament at Choctaw today.” She looks at me and says that’s nice go do it. At this point she knows I mean it as I’ve been chopping tournaments like a mad man possessed.
 
Welllllllllllllllllllll, yes it happens again. Had 112 runners on the 12pm $175 buy in tournament at Choctaw. A very good Deep Stack tournament with $15,000 in chips to start. I’m running along, playing well and accumulating chips as has become the standard lately. Just taking my time and we get closer and closer to 4 tables. Things look promising. There are a lot of WSOP circuit “pros” that have shown up from the Boosier City WSOP circuit events. I’m loving it as I like playing good players. We get down to two tables and bust the bubble where it pays 12. At this point I will lay low and wait on premium hands only. Never top ten hands but top 5 hands. I have enough chips to lay low for awhile and before you know it we have the final table of 9.
 
To win tournaments you have to dodge the bad beats and have some luck along the way. It’s just the way it is. I have chips and I get in a hand with a lady that I’ve seen quite a bit lately. I have AK and I raise, she re-raises all in and has me covered. I snap call her as she has been pushing all in on just about anything. She shows AQ. I have her, until the flop. She flops a Q and I almost crap on the carpet right there in the poker room. This conjures up memories of when I earned the poker nickname Buck Naked. That’s a story for another day. Needless to say I wasn’t happy until I turn a K. Helloooooooo, the doctor is IN!!!!! I pound the felt and say that is justice right there. Sometimes there is justice in poker. Not very often but at times there is. It’s not long before we get her out and it’s down to me, some classic car salesman Mexican dude from San Antonio, I’ll call him Roy, and two WSOP Circuit pro dudes. Roy wants to chop and one of the pro dudes says ok but he want $4,000 and you three get $2,750. Roy has been trying to chop since there is like 14 people left. I say “no” deal cards. I know that between me and the two pros we can get Roy out. Sure enough one of the pros gets him and Roy is back at the Hacienda in about 5 hours.
 
One of the pros says how about we chop for $3,000 and play for the last $1,300. I agree as both have me fat stacked. Next hand I have A2 and push all in. I get a call with A 10 and I’m out. Pro’s chop for the rest and cash $3,650.
 
This run started in June in Las Vegas. I cashed 3 out of 6 tournaments in Las Vegas with the last one being a 3 way chop. Since that 3 way chop I have chopped 7 tournaments with 10 cashes out of 20. It’s just crazy! So stay tuned and let’s see where this ride takes us.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: